The Oahu Island Perimeter Relay Team
Jan, Heather and Julie
We rocked it!!!
*Top Twenty* highlights
1) Meeting the fabulous girls team @ Kaya’s in Punaluu ; Julie, Jan and Cheryl (our great crew).
2) Running my first 15 miles on my home turf : north east Oahu to Sunset Beach.
3) Sunset on the North Shore with a car load of sweaty girls.
4) Catching up with Mike and Don @ Chuns in their Badwater shirts.
5) Benita’s PB & J sandwiches, trail mix and funky flash light that shone multi colors and learning about satellites from Arvel while we waited for Benita and Mike to do Haleiwa to Kaena Point (this is where I could hear Jan sleeping…)
Mike, Cheryl, Benita, Julie, Heather and Jan in Haleiwa
9) A curious and friendly cop in Waianae.
10) Breakfast at daybreak in Waianae - ok, so I had a tangerine, a banana and Gatorade while the others had McDonalds….but I enjoyed the company…and we sat at a table!
11) Meeting more of the HURT Ohana along the way and marveling at the support you all give to each other!
12) Andy in a kilt and his bagpipes serenading on a street corner in Kapolei.
13)I loved that Julie and Jan got excited about my tin of Zam-Buk (best ointment in the world from South Africa for preventing or treating chafing).
14) Julie’s consideration and concern for everyone’s wellbeing.
15) Discovering that like me Jan can also roar like a lion when she has to!
16) Cheryl is the Gold Standard as crew. We definitely would not have made it without her. Mahalo!
17) Taking off at the end and finishing strong after my accumulated 53 miles on foot.
18) Experiencing my island home up close and very personal.
19) Seeing Mike finish his 135 miles. What an accomplishment….well done!
20) Making new friends by meeting up with strangers and then running 50+ miles with them…nothing quite like it!
H.U.R.T rocks! Can’t wait to spend more of my running time with you.