Monday, May 9, 2016

I am a proud Big Agnes Ambassador

I am extremely proud to be an ambassador for Big Agnes outdoor and camping gear. As I mentioned before, I hiked the PCT solo and survived in my Flycreek UL1 on the trail from Mexico to Canada, sometimes in awful weather and the tent kept me warm and dry. This tent was definitely put to the test with that experience!
Now I'm looking forward to camping in my palatial Big Agnes UL Flycreek 3 as I backpack along El Camino del Norte, the ancient trail that exists across northern Spain from the French border town of Hendaye, along the coastal belt towards Santiago de Compostela and finally the ocean at the "end of the world". 
I'm also looking forward to trying out some of the other Big Agnes gear that I've been sponsored, including the Mountain Cross sleeping bag system, including the Double Z sleeping pad which is extremely comfortable. I understand why the company has the slogan "Mother of Comfort".It is an inflatable pad, so I'm hoping that I don't get a puncture but it comes with a small puncture kit. After trying out this new sleeping system, I can't believe I survived for so long in the wild on my previous adventure on that thin, hard pad I used before. This time it's going to seem like I'm sleeping on cloud nine!


So this hike I'll have a different jacket, sleeping system and a bigger tent. I'll be reporting on it all as we go.


If you're inspired to try out any of their gear, have a look at the website:
www.bigagnes.com

Here's a quick view of what we have in our packs:
Two Feathers:

Josh:



Happy trails! Now go and sleep in the dirt!




No comments:

Post a Comment