Sunday, December 20, 2009

HOKISA - Homes for Kids in South Africa

At the entrance of HOKISA in Masiphumalele, Cape Town
One of the beautiful posters the kids made for me for the Comrades Marathon
Visiting HOKISA after the Comrades Marathon
HOKISA, located on the Cape Peninsula, South Africa, is a small NGO that provides residential, family-type care for children affected or infected by HIV/AIDS and it's aim is to empower members of poor communities where HIV/AIDS is most devastating. HOKISA provides a safe, healthy environment for children entrusted to it's care as well as community outreach and support. This cause is espescially meaningful to me as I spent the first 32 years of my life in South Africa. My wish is to give back by helping those who are in a more disadvantaged position.
I achieved my first fundraising goal for HOKISA in May 2009 during my Comrades Marathon experience. It was incredible to be a part of the generosity and encouragement of all the donors and also to meet the children at HOKISA after the race.
In giving one receives so much - my cup is overflowing!
For more information please visit : http://www.hokisa.co.za/

HOKISA kids and staff at Beaverlac Holiday Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment